5 Things to know before your child starts ballet
It probably feels like yesterday that your baby took their first steps, and now they are twirling around the living room asking if they can take ballet class! I am sure you are wondering if your child is ready for ballet, where to even start looking for classes, never mind what should they wear?
Before you sign them up, read our guide:
1. Children really do benefit from ballet. It is a wonderful way for their confidence to thrive. Watch your child interact with others, make new friends, work as a team and discover new ways to communicate and create.
2. Your daughter should wear a leotard and skirt, or tutu dress with ballet tights and ballet shoes. Your son should wear shorts and t-shirt and ballet shoes. If your child is taking part in an Academy class (Primary or above) there is a set uniform. Click HERE for more information. You will find that children take pride in wearing their ballet outfit and often want to wear it at home as well! Check out our SHOP for a varied range of lovely ballet outfits.
3. Your child may not join in with every exercise during the first few classes. This is perfectly normal. Some children take a little longer than others to feel completely comfortable in the new environment.
4. Being late for class can have a big effect on your child's confidence. You may wonder why they joined in with so much joy one week, then the next, have become shy and don't want to dance. We find that this is often to do with your child being brought late into class. They can get very self conscious and don't feel able to participate. Please do help your child's experience by making sure that your child is atleast 5 minutes early for class.
5. Our Tippy Toe Twinkle and Sparkle classes are open, which means parents are welcome to watch! Ballet dancers at such a tender age love having parents in class to watch, encourage and support and we love having parents too!
At Tippy Toes Ballet we know that all children are different and gifted in unique ways, and we strive to bring out their confidence, self worth, and strength to chase their dreams. Why not sign your child up for ballet class today and give them the gift of dance.
Love & ballet shoes,